Travel & Accommodation
You can find information about visiting the lab, including an interactive campus map, transportation and lodging suggestions at http://www.lbl.gov/visit/. Your host must arrange site access prior to your visit.
Downtown Berkeley Inn
2001 Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Phone: (510) 843-4043
Hotel Shattuck Plaza
2086 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
2600 Durant Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702
Direct: (510) 845-8981
Fax: (510) 486-8336
Doubletree by Hilton Berkeley - Marina
200 Marina Blvd.
Berkeley, CA 94710
(800) 222-TREE (8733)
Parking and Lab Shuttle information:
If you are planning to drive, parking on Lab grounds is very limited. No reserve parking will be issued. All parking will be "General." Carpooling or public transportation is highly recommended. The Lab has shuttle service see attached maps/links for directions.
For Building 59 or 50 Auditorium please take the Blue Uphill Shuttle.
Tips for riders:
- When you see a shuttle bus approaching WAVE AT THE DRIVER so the driver knows you want to board the bus
- For safety reasons, shuttle bus drivers can only pick-up and drop-off passengers at designated stops.
- Shuttle services are for Berkeley Lab employee and guest use only. All riders are required to show ID when boarding off-site buses.
- Acceptable ID’s are: LBNL badge, UC Berkeley student and faculty ID badge, DOE badge, or UCOP badge.
- Guests are required to present a visitor bus pass, email, or permission from Lab host, written on official letterhead.
- As you board, tell the driver the building number of your destination. The driver will be able to assist you with directions.
- Shuttle buses operate Monday through Friday, except Lab holidays. There is no weekend service.
- An express shuttle provides service to and from the Rockridge BART station during commute hours.
Blue Route Map (On-Site/Off-Site): https://www2.lbl.gov/Workplace/Facilities/Support/Busses/off-site_blue.html
Maps and Directions to the Lab: https://www2.lbl.gov/Workplace/Transportation.html